Our client is the exclusive direct sourcing arm of Kmart Group that operates the iconic retail brands Kmart Australia, Target Australia and Catch
- Cost: Lowest cost is achieved by focusing on optimizing the availability of stock, and flow planning with suppliers to help them optimise production efficiencies. In this regard, the production merchandiser should be working with the relevant planners to ensure flow plans are relevant to sales expectations as well as having an eye on optimization of available supplier capacity.
- Delivery: The production role is primary responsible for overseeing production and ensuring consistent delivery performance at the right product quality level. The incumbent must provide reports and data for the Supplier Scorecard, as Kmart needs suppliers who can respond fast to sales trends and who understand the value in short lead times.
- Quality: Special attention should be given to new lines where collaboration with quality is important to ensure production runs seamlessly. Fabric is our biggest quality risk and production merchants should ensure tracking processes in place to ensure fabric quality is tested and managed appropriately whether locally sourced or imported.
- Communication: Keep Manager informed of Vendor performance issues and support in follow-up actions. The incumbent may also be required to travel to various factory locations to address production issues. The role is a key collaborator between supplier, buying, quality, supply chain and sourcing teams and requires solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Continuous Improvement: Kmart believes in continuously evolving and improving our business, and a growth mindset is required to identify and suggest opportunities for improvement to our existing processes and practices throughout sourcing or elsewhere in the business. At any given time Kmart runs multiple change projects that impacts the sourcing organisation or supplier base, and the support, collaboration and execution from the sourcing teams is key to landing these projects with success.
- Bachelor's Degree in Textile Engineer or any relevant field
- 5-7 years of production merchandise in apparel and textile or any relevant
- Fluent in English
- Good at time management, negotiation skills, good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to learn and work under pressure
You can apply online, send your CV or call Nguyen Anh Tuan at this number