HR2B's client is a foreign company.
The Accounting Manager’s key responsibilities are to:
- Maintain accounting systems and records; enforce policies and procedures; and ensure compliance with the company's accounting standards and internal control requirements.
- Oversee the general Accounting functions including: managing the periodic and quarterly closing cycles; maintenance of full set of books; and preparation of financial statements and reports.
- Perform detailed review the Company’s financial packages, financial statements, journal entries and account reconciliations.
Resolve or escalate issues in a timely manner
- Perform balance sheet review, research and resolve accounting and tax concerns.
- Monitor compliance with various (e.g. purchase, sales, loans, etc.) contracts with the company's business partners.
- Perform credit management and control, and product costing and pricing activities.
- Oversee the accounting, monitoring, and safeguarding of Company assets (inventory, fixed assets, etc.). Prepare analysis to support capital expenditure requests.
- Lead the preparation and performance monitoring of periodic estimates, annual budget, and 3-year plan.
- Interfaces with internal/external auditors, tax examiners and other statutory officers for inquiries, reviews, and audits.
- Manage tax compliance and ensure timely filing of all Government-related reports or remittances.
- Ensure compliance with Japan’s Financial Instruments and Exchange Law (JSOX).
- Coach, develop, and motivate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function while promoting a team environment. Assists in the hiring, training, and development of Accounting staff.
- Develop and institute process-improvement initiatives.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
⦁ Minimum of 6 years combined relevant experience in accounting, auditing and/or risk management and compliance; with at least 2 years in a managerial capacity, preferably in a multinational company.
⦁ Degree in Accounting or Finance
⦁ Professional certification (e.g. CPA, Charter accountant or ACCA qualification)
⦁ Audit experience in a Big 4 auditing firm will be an advantage
⦁ Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with critical thinking ability
⦁ Trustworthy, results-oriented, detailed, proactive and persistent
⦁ Ability to interface with senior management and integrate with various cultures
⦁ Highly independent, multi-tasking and balancing short term vs. long-term, fast learner
⦁ Strong business sense, leadership, organizational and negotiation skills are essential to succeed in this role
⦁ Willing to travel
⦁ Languages: English (must)
You can apply online, send your CV or call Nelson D. Beecher at this number
+028 62883888 - Ext 874