HR2B's client is a company leading in manufacturing industry
The Shift Manager decides, control and execute to the shop floor plan in the shift, prioritizing resources to optimize safety, quality and throughput. This position is ultimately responsible for all scheduling, system and process improvements, and labor management.
B. Essential Responsibilities:
- Uses the TOC (Theory of Constrain) methodology to improve productivity.
- Analyze and elevate constrains in the shift. Drives productivity in the shift and focus on continuous improvements on productivity.
- Provide excellent leadership by example from the shop floor to everyone on your shift, acting with integrity and ensuring that the company values are being promoted at all times.
- Inspire your team to achieve excellent results on a shiftly basis, ensuring motivation levels remain high and encourage your team to participate in the success of the business. Part of this will be to make sure the roles and responsibilities of each team member are clear at the beginning of each shift.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships within the team, ensuring that hard work and success are recognized and rewarded in a fair and motivational way.
- Promote the Company Values through coaching and setting a great example while remaining calm under pressure. To maintain the balance of each shift, motivating and easing the team through difficult periods.
- Working with the Manufacturing Manager to ensure the team is properly trained and that they get ongoing development through structured plans. Thus will provide the team with coaching and support on the spot to deal with any potential issues.
- Working in an ISO 14001 certification environment, you are required to ensure that all Safety and Environmental practices are adhered to at all times in the shift. Role modeling and coaching subordinates in the shift on good Safety practices is a must.
- Act as the ERT commander when on duty and take charge of emergency situations when required.
- Shape the workforce to a quality mindset to achieve the highest quality standards. Working in an ISO 9001 environment requires strict compliance to the Quality System & Control.
- Drives the workforce towards a world class environment by applying the 5S methodology. Ensures that housekeeping is kept at the highest level of cleanliness and maintained at all times.
- Responsible to train and to adopt the 7 steps problem solving methodology in the daily running of the shift.
- Mentor and coach shift supervisors and take the lead in shift operation.
- Responsible to set the pace for the shift operation
- Facilitate the execution of shift operation in terms of safety, quality, productivity and cost goals.
- Plan all aspects of production to meet internal and external requirements.
- Understand yield and quality requirements and make decisions that improve quality and yields.
- Comply with, understand, and enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum 7 years of manufacturing experience
- 5 years of management experience
- Minimum - A Degree in any discipline. Candidates with Technical Degree will have an added advantage.
- Business fluency in English and Vietnamese, spoken and written is required
- Proven ability to effectively manage salaried and production associates
- Excellent understanding of computer applications.
- Proven ability to train and develop associates
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively manage employee relations
- Knowledge of Human Resources Practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated record of quality, cycle time and cost improvements using TOC, lean manufacturing and Kaizen concepts.
- Knowledgeable in environmental, health and safety requirements
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively.
- Discipline and meticulous in conducting his/her duties.
- Possesses leadership capabilities and able to lead a flexible workforce
- Demonstrate ability to analyze engineering and statistical data.
- Able to make good engineering proposals and solutions.
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs
- Up to 10% of global travel is expected
You can apply online, send your CV or call Giang Thi Kim Tien at this number
+028 62883888 - Ext 837