| Job summary || Goal of position |
• To strategically and operationally guide and further develop purchasing function to be in line with strategic short, mid and long term objectives and targets of Company Vietnam in order to optimize effectiveness, efficiency and performance according to internal and external customer requirements.
• To ensure the proper material supply for operation of the plant , increase the ratio of local supply and reduce the overall purchasing cost of materials & services
• To develop local suppliers in line with strategic roadmap and growth rate of SVC
The Lead Buyer is responsible for the assigned direct commodities purchased by Company Vietnam including developing potential suppliers in terms of process and quality to meet the requirements of Company Vietnam.
The Lead Buyer handles his/ her activities within the matrix organization of the Company GROUP, his/her specific tasks and responsibilities are as mentioned below:
• Make survey and analysis the local market for the relevant commodities.
• Set-up of the local purchasing strategies for relevant commodities, get it aligned with regional purchasing and BU purchasing
The strategy considers actual scope of business, new projects as well as re- location projects. Further items are supply sources, supply chain, volumes, expenditure, demand, quality … The strategy must be reviewed and approved by the function head.
• Improve the material supply chain from supplier including risk management and mitigation by close co-ordination with BU, plant purchasing, logistics, warehouse, QA and central planning. Execute and follow up actions with suppliers together with related functions.
• Assure the proper involvement of all functions for technical and demand clarification in order to achieve the targets/ strategies.
• Prepare and execute negotiations/ price discussions with suppliers.
• Handle legal document with suppliers in terms of capacity, quality, delivery, payment … and get the Frame Contract and Price & Capacity Agreement signed with suppliers. Review and update periodically according to market analysis.
• Visit, evaluate, audit and and make proposal to release the suppliers with the team.
• Monitor & evaluate the supply activities, conduct supplier assessment according to guideline in order to achieve cost effectiveness and good performance.
• Build up supplier networks, identify new sourcing opportunities to ensure that goods can be sourced from various resources.
• Take responsible for the commercial part in the sourcing decision, POT process and local supplier development
• Take responsible for the local supplier base and the performance of the local suppliers within the responsible commodities
• Reporting and budgeting according to company guidelines
• Improve the purchasing cost of purchased materials and parts, e.g. initiate and drive cost down projects at the suppliers’ and involve the appropriate team; e.g. value analysis, decrease of technical requirements.
• Support plant purchasing, scheduler in the event of escalation e.g. quality and / or delivery issues
• Visit relevant fairs, conference and / or congresses
• Other tasks assigned by the superior